First devised in Tokyo in 2003, PechaKucha Nights have become international phenomena that use a simple concept to create big community exchanges. Presenters have 20 images and 20 seconds per image to share their ideas on any topic for a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds flat.
PechaKucha Night Champaign-Urbana Volume 25:
Wednesday, September 20th
Doors open at 6:30pm, Show starts at 8:20 pm
Admission: $10/advance, $15/at the door
Music by DJ Shane Canefield
Possible Mature Content, 18+ recommended
We are excited to welcome Champaign Ladies Amateur Wrestiling (CLAW) to the stage as our emcee for the night!
DEWCLAW performs prior to PKN, show starts at 7:00 PM!
Get ready for eleven thought-provoking presentations:
- Ashley M. Davis | Everyday Leadership
- Brandon Dohman | Skip The Boring
- Jeff Ginger | It’s not DIY. It’s DIWO: Do It With Others.
- Justin Michael Hendrix | Homo Is The New Homeboy Presents: Manhood for Sale
- E.K.A. Hennequet | The Art of The City of Lost Animals
- Cara Maurizi | The Amazing Ways in Which Families are Made
- Jason Patterson | Art As A Tool: Reevaluating & Correcting the Comprehension & History of Race in The United States
- Jason Rackow | Texture, Shapes, and Color
- Shannon Smith | Freedom + Creativity = Freativity
- Kristin Walters | Urbana First Fridays: A Love Story
- Sarah Wisseman | Toxic Brews in 1920’s CU